Pastoral Care Coordinator - Part Time
Anglican Church SQ - Hospital Ministry - Toowoomba Hospital, QLD
About the Position
Through our committed employees and volunteers, Anglican Church Southern Queensland provides ministry, outreach and care to Anglicans and the wider community. This includes a range of Anglican pastoral care services in hospitals across Southern Queensland.
The hospital ministry team provides pastoral care services to patients in over 40 hospitals across the Diocese. They are at the cutting edge of ministry - meeting patients and their families during the most vulnerable times. We are currently looking for a Pastoral Care Coordinator with the passion and skills to coordinate and deliver high quality Anglican pastoral care services to patients across the Toowoomba region. You will need to be available for 30 hours per week, however days and hours are flexible.
This rewarding role will be to provide Anglican pastoral care services to the Toowoomba Hospital and, as one of the four Diocesan Regional Coordinators, oversee the coordination and support of Anglican pastoral care in the hospitals of the region.
To be successful in the role of Pastoral Care Coordinator, you will:
- Provide appropriate pastoral care services within the region
- Supervise, and be responsible for, the Anglican care visitors/volunteers
- Participate in the Ecumenical roster for 24-hour emergency care by carrying a pager once every 3-4 weeks and attending call-outs as required
- Coordinate and support the Anglicans in hospital care ministries in the hospitals in this geographical area
- Initiate ways to gather appropriate volunteers, and coordinate their training and placement
Your dedication and compassion will be coupled with:
- Experience, skill and competency in pastoral care in hospital environments
- A commitment to, knowledge and understanding of Anglican teaching and tradition
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to work and care for people of varied backgrounds, and people with varied abilities
- The capability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and personal information gained through pastoral conversation
- Ability to implement and interpret policies and procedures to ensure a high quality service of care provided within the hospitals
- Evidence of working as a team leader, training others and supervising volunteers
You will also be required to undergo a Safe Ministry Check and hold both a current National Police Certificate and a Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption.
Most importantly, you’ll be a passionate and engaged Pastoral Care Coordinator with the energy and drive to gather, train and develop appropriate volunteers to help support this vital area of ministry within the Anglican Church Southern Queensland.
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. This is a re-advertised position, previous applicants need not apply.
Please address the Selection Criteria and include a Cover Letter and current resume in your application. Job Number S3019.
For further information please contact
The Rev’d Cheryl Selvage – Hospital Ministry Coordinator
on 0407 585 270
Applications close Monday 25th September 2017
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position
The Anglican Church Southern QLD offers a broad range of career opportunities across southern QLD - from Bundaberg in the north to Coolangatta in the south and across the south-west from Birdsville to Brisbane.
With the aim of the whole church engaged in the whole mission, we provide much needed services for the community, including parishes, schools, theological education and financial services, and residential aged care facilities, community care and social service programs through Anglicare Southern QLD.
All services within the Anglican Church Southern QLD are supported by Diocesan Services and Financial Services, a centralised shared-service infrastructure that provides a range of corporate services including Information and Communication Technology, Finance, Marketing and Fundraising, Communications, Human Resources, Property and Risk, Compliance and Insurance.
By living our values, championing industry best-practice, and working together to deliver quality services in a large faith-based organisation, we not only offer diverse and unique career pathways, but also the opportunity to make a real difference – in our organisation, the industries we work in, and in our community.
For more information about the Anglican Church SQ, please visit www.anglicanchurchsq.org.au